Finance Manager (part-time)
Salary: £34,000 p.a, pro rata ( 3 days per week)
About the Role: On Call Africa are looking for a Finance Manager to support their work, and to help the organisation to achieve its ambitious plans for growth. For this home-based role, the successful candidate will help to develop processes and policies to support our plans for growth. On Call Africa are seeking a highly motivated, skilled and resourceful individual with professional finance skills at least to Finance Manager level. Ideally, they are looking for a candidate with finance experience within charities.
The post-holder is expected to contribute to On Call Africa’s initiatives and development activities at a senior level, while also carrying out day to day reporting requirements. Within the small team all staff are expected to work in a flexible way and tasks that have not been covered in the job description may have to be undertaken.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage On Call Africa’s financial and accounting systems and help the organisation to prepare for significant growth;
- Providing efficient and effective management and financial accounting, forecasting, modelling and financial analysis which promotes the best use of resources using Value for Money principles;
- Develop financial policies to support best practice, and provide oversight of the organisations financial function in the UK and Zambia;
- Maintain and strengthen internal financial controls are in place;
- Produce / manage month end financial reconciliations to provide assurance on reliability of financial data
- Manage a finance assistant in the UK and matrix manage the work of the finance team in Zambia
- Provide robust financial information that empowers stakeholders to make best decisions for the future financial sustainability of the organisation;
- Managing the day to day financial functions and financial administration of the organisation;
- Preparing quarterly reports and supporting re-forecasting for senior management and trustees.
The post holder will be responsible for meeting deadlines set and may be required to respond at short notice to requests for information or advice. Priorities may change on a regular basis.
How to Apply
You can find the full job description here.
Please send a copy for your CV together with a covering letter to the Director, Ben Margetts, outlining why you wish to apply for the role.
This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Finance Manager Application followed by your name.
The closing date for application is 5pm 19th July 2020
Interviews will be held via skype during week commencing 3rd August 2020.